The food industry is one of the industries that have been showing a steady change and deferent varieties. Every food can be prepared from other animals and plants. Based on the type of food and needs they differ. It is also necessary to consume this food to have balanced nutrients to the human body.
Here are two food products obtained from fish and oyster, oyster Vs fish sauce.
The fish and oyster sauce is used to add additional flavor to the dishes and can be found mostly in the Chinese and certain other southeast Asian-style cooking. They are also popular in South Asian countries and their origin is in China. When you are a vegetarian you use oyster sauce instead of fish sauce since they offer a vegetarian version.
What is the taste of the oyster sauce?
It is the type of salt that has a taste with the good balance between salty and sweet taste. The quality is completely responsible and they have a high influence on the flavor. The best sauce depends on the quality, when you use artificial oyster it gives poor quality and top-notch quality involves the reduction of the real oyster.
The making of the oyster sauce
They are usually made by mixing salt and sugar with the addition of corn starch to thickening. In addition, oyster extracts or essences are added to it to enhance the flavor of the sauce. Later, based on the requirements soy sauces and MSG can be added for the additional color and flavor.
Uses of oyster sauce
- They are used in a number of applications like dressing for noodles, stir-fries, and vegetables. Besides these, they are also used for other types of sauces and marinades.
- When you notice certain sushi rolls, you might have watched drizzling of these sauce to add more flavor and to have a good visual appearance.
What is a fish sauce?
It is the ingredient that is used for cooking and made of soaking dried and salted fish. They offer a stronger taste and highly used in Southeast Asian cuisines and maritime Asian cuisines.
Making of fish sauce
The fish and salt are put and mixed in the container, they are left to ferment. It is necessary to mix the fish and the salt until the raw fish sauce gets separates and rise to the top of the container. The process needs to be continued until 6 months and that depends on the climatic condition.
After that, the mass and liquid are strained. This liquid needs to be strained and allow them to concentrate some more in the sun and finally, you may bottle them.
Uses of fish sauce
- They are highly used in soup noodles, like Pho, Ramen, etc
- They are also used in a drip for fish balls, fishcakes, meatballs, etc
- Apart from they can also be used in sautéed vegetables as the direct substitute for salt, tastes fresher and to be more natural.
This is healthy and can e recommended consuming since they are naturally fermented and anchovies and usually preservative-free. They will not create a more foul smell and you may use them in cooking and have good taste than usual.
Comparison between the oyster and the fish sauce
Both oyster and fish in the form of sauce and being similar products they have certain differences and there are certain differences between fish sauce and oyster sauce.
- The fish sauce is used in curries and sauces whereas oyster sauce is used in Chinese-staple dishes and stir-fries.
- Fish sauces are made of anchovies, seafood or squid but oyster sauce offers a vegetarian version and oyster sauce made from a mushroom.
- The taste of the fish sauce is fishy and nuttier salty and the oyster sauce offers a sweet and salty taste.
- Fish sauce has its origin from China or Europe whereas oysters are from China.
- The making process of fish sauce is fermentation and oyster is boiling in water
- The ingredients of the fish sauce include fish, salt and spices as an option whereas the oyster salt includes the ingredients as oyster, brine and flavor additives.
When you have an overview you may find that the similar but for some, a question arises like, is oyster sauce the same as a fish sauce? They are more or less similar but they have variation in the way they taste. Moreover, it also differs on the way how you utilize them.
All the food products are good, unique and healthy in their own way, the only thing is how much and when are they consumed. Make sure you are consuming according to the necessity of your health condition and you enjoy good health condition.